May is ALS Awareness Month. For the next 31 days, we will be dedicated to education about ALS and the important work we’re doing to find treatments and a cure. This month is also dedicated to advocating for people with ALS and their caregivers.
This year, Raise Your Voice to bring awareness to ALS. Even if you’re a person with ALS who has lost the ability to speak, you still have a voice. You can increase ALS awareness by sharing your personal story on social media, writing letters to members of Congress, donating to our mission, and using speech generating devices and sign language to talk to people about the issues people with ALS face every day.
Even those who have lost the ability to speak deserve to be heard.
How can you join this movement and Raise Your Voice?
- Add the ALS Awareness Month frame to your Facebook profile picture.
- Hover over your profile picture and click “Update Profile Picture”
- Select “Add Frame”
- In the search box, type or copy/paste alsawareness
- Select the 2018 ALS Awareness Month frame
- We suggest keeping the frame up for the entire month of May
- Hit the “Use as Profile Picture” button
- Contact your local Representatives.
- Recruit your friends and family to like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
- Host a fundraiser and make a donation.
- Register for the Walk to Defeat ALS or another local event in Texas.
Raise Your Voice this May. Together, we will be heard.