Run for a Reason
Date: Sunday, January 20, 2019
ALS Texas has been one of the official charities of the Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon Run for a Reason Charity Program for eight years. The Run for a Reason program allows race registrants to support the official charity of their choice while participating in the marathon or half marathon.
Check out the recap of the 2018 race.
Fundraising for Registration Entry
“Fundraising for Registration” (FFR) entries guarantee your spot for the 2018 Houston Marathon or Half Marathon in exchange for your fundraising for the ALS Association of Texas.
Here is how it works:
- Pick your run. Both full marathon and half marathon spots are available. There are a limited number of spots, so make sure to reserve yours before they run out.
- Click here to register for the race. All runners must raise a minimum of $750 in order to guarantee a spot for the full or half marathon and to get your race fee waived. If $750 is not raised, your credit card will be charged the remaining balance.
- Fundraise, fundraise, fundraise! You’ll receive support and encouragement through phone calls and emails about fundraising and training, and regular happy hours with other runners. The more you raise, the more awesome rewards you’ll get along the way (see below for levels).
- Run on Sunday, January 20, 2019 as an ALS Texas “Fundraising for Registration” runner!
Remember – We pay your race fee (valued at $140 for the full marathon and $125 for the half marathon) if you raise the minimum of $750.
Fundraising levels: $750, $1,500, and $2,500
The more you raise, the cooler the rewards become! Stay tuned for more about fundraising rewards.
HERO entries are guaranteed registrations into the 2019 Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon by making a one-time tax-deductible donation of at least $350 to the ALS Association, plus the cost of registration ($140 for full marathon, $125 for half marathon).
HERO Runners receive guaranteed race entry, a custom back bib, a tech cap, and pre-race access to private, indoor restrooms, courtesy of the Houston Marathon.
General Fundraising Entry
General Fundraising spots are reserved for runners who registered for the 2019 Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon during open registration and want to fundraise for the ALS Association of Texas.
Here is how it works:
- Verify that you registered for the full marathon or half marathon during open registration and paid the appropriate race fees.
- Register as a fundraiser and create a fundraising page. Share your page on social media!
- Fundraise, fundraise, fundraise! You’ll receive support and encouragement, emails about fundraising and training, customized goal setting with ALS Texas staff, and regular happy hours with other runners. The more you raise, the more awesome rewards you’ll receive along the way.
- Run on Sunday, January 20, 2019 as an ALS Texas General Fundraiser!
For more information, please contact Eniye Elegon at (281) 973-4028 or at email@example.com.
For more information about the 2018 Chevron Houston Marathon or Aramco Houston Half Marathon, visit chevronhoustonmarathon.com.