Get Involved, Make A Difference
The ALS Association is at the forefront of public policy working to improve the lives of people living with ALS and their caregivers. Through the active participation of people with ALS and their families, we hope to make some significant advances in 2022, including:
- Expand federal funding for ALS research
- Urge the federal government to act swiftly to support ALS treatment development and approval
- Create more opportunities for people living with ALS to access emerging ALS treatments
- Ensure the coverage of new ALS treatments by insurance
- Secure funding of programs that increase access to specialized ALS care
- Encourage congress to support policies that benefit people living with ALS
- Advocate for programs in Texas that improve the lives of the ALS community
Because ALS still has no cure, there is still much to do. To continue this advocacy, we need your support through the ALS Association Advocate Program.
Our Advocates are passionate about encouraging government officials at all levels — state, local, and federal — to improve awareness and resources for people affected by ALS. Advocates are people who affect real change in the way that our government responds to the needs of the ALS community.
Even if you aren’t a friend, relative, or supporter of a legislator, your outreach can help us open doors. Advocates with the ALS Association help change the laws and policies that affect all people with ALS and their families every single year.
Sign up to become an ALS Association Advocate today! You can also join us for the 2022 National ALS Virtual Advocacy Conference from June 14 – 16. During the conference, attendees will learn the latest updates in ALS research, care services, and advocacy.