Get Involved, Make A Difference
The ALS Association is at the forefront of public policy working to improve the lives of people living with ALS and their caregivers. Through the active participation of people with ALS and their families, we hope to make some significant advances in 2021, including:
- Accelerate Development, Approval and Access to Effective New Treatments
- Increase Federal Funding for ALS Research
- Permanently Extend Access to Telehealth for People Living with ALS
- Provide High-Quality, Affordable, and Accessible Health Care
- Increase Veterans Benefits for People with ALS and their Families
Because ALS still has no cure, there is still much to do. To continue this advocacy, we need your support through the ALS Association Advocate Program.
Our Advocates are passionate about encouraging government officials at all levels — state, local, and federal — to improve awareness and resources for people affected by ALS. Advocates are people who affect real change in the way that our government responds to the needs of the ALS community.
Even if you aren’t a friend, relative, or supporter of a legislator, your outreach can help us open doors. Advocates with the ALS Association help change the laws and policies that affect all people with ALS and their families every single year.