The ALS Association is the only national not-for-profit organization completely dedicated to fighting ALS.
Our work covers all the bases — research, patient and community services, public education, and advocacy — in providing help, support, and hope to those facing the disease. The ALS Association and the Texas Chapter operate under a shared mission— to discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
In 2018 we:
- Served 1,125 Texans with ALS.
- Made 414 home visits to ALS patients and family members.
- Helped 1,545 individuals through our 144 support group meetings.
- Supported 11 multi-disciplinary clinics in Texas
- Cared for 1,156 patients in our Clinics & ALS Association Treatment Centers.
- Loaned 387 pieces of durable medical equipment to Texans with ALS.
- Gave $25,000 in monetary grants to ALS patients.
The ALS Association of Texas is committed to:
- Serving as a public policy advocate for ALS patients. We work on a local, state and national scale to make sure policies serve the best interests of ALS patients and caregivers, to secure funding for ALS research, and to empower patients to speak out to their representatives.
- Providing a robust, multidisciplinary approach to treatment of ALS. We support 11 clinics in Texas, each with a team of doctors that can provide complete care to ALS patients — all under one roof. This multifaceted approach to care for ALS patients is scientifically proven to extend the lives of people living with ALS.
- Creating communities. ALS can be an isolating disease, and our facilities and programs create a space where patients can come together, share their stories, and develop relationships with others who understand what they’re going through.
Our chapter is designed to provide the best service to the Texas ALS community. Because we’re statewide, we can provide more efficient and effective services to ALS families and their caregivers, and we can also develop smart opportunities to leverage the support of the dedicated donors and volunteers who want to make an impact across our great state.
And lastly, no description of our chapter would be complete if we didn’t mention our supporters. Our accomplishments in patient care and research would be impossible without them. From the smallest donation to the most generous gift, our donors give the ALS community hope for the future.
There will be many curveballs and challenges along the way, but we remain committed to finding a cure for ALS. Find out how you can help the ALS Association of Texas fight for your fellow Texans who are living with this disease.